Harness Breeders NSW Inc (HBNSW) is an Incorporated body formed to promote, encourage and support New South Wales Breeders of Standardbred horses through its' Executive Committee and to represent NSW Breeders in all matters connected with breeding.
Harness Breeders NSW are the only Breeding Body in NSW officially sanctioned by the Governing body for harness Racing in NSW, Harness Racing NSW and Harness Racing Australia. HBNSW represents its' Members on the following Committees:
* The Harness Racing Industry Consultative Group (HRICG).
* The Australian Standardbred Breeders Association (ASBA)
(National Breeding Representative body sanctioned by Harness Racing Australia).
* The NSW Harness Racing Industry Standardbred Re-Homing company P/L.
Sponsor Numerous Mare’s Races
* The HBNSW Ladyship Pace Mares Race Series conducted throughout all regions of NSW annually.
* The JL Raith Memorial Race Mares only - each January at Tabcorp Park Menangle. Prizemoney of $50,000.
* The Group 3 HBNSW Go Girlfriend Race Series – 4 heats (1 in each region of NSW) $30,000 Final at Tabcorp Park Menangle.
* The HBNSW Pink Diamond for 3YO fillies only @ Tabcorp Park Menangle. Prize money of $16,000.
Throughout the past season, the Committee of Harness Breeders NSW have and will continue to actively advocate for the legalisation and legislation re the use of Altrenogest (Regu-mate / Ovu-Mate) for Racing Fillies and Mares.
Conducted another very successful and well supported Harness Breeders NSW Yearling Parade, Inglis Complex Warwick Farm, NSW.
The Harness Breeders NSW Strategic Plan submission to Harness Racing NSW.
Campaigned vigorously in opposition to the Harness Racing Australia proposal for a 15% Stallion Levy.
Liaised and strategized with fellow State breeding bodies re the campaign of opposition to the Harness Racing Australia Proposed 15% Stallion Levy.
Participated and Represented Harness Breeders NSW in the recent Harness Racing NSW Breeders and Owners Forum, June 2021, Club Menangle.
Submitted to Harness Racing Industry Consultative Group (HRICG) and Harness Racing NSW a new Race Series Proposal for 3YO old pacers “The Harness Breeders NSW Pathway Stakes“:
* Run in the 4 regions of NSW - 2 races per month each region.
* Gender divided, where possible.
* Horses may only start in the Region they reside in.
* Standalone races with NO heats or Finals.
* Prizemoney of $9.999 per race.
* Horses who have won more than $30,000 in her or his 2YO season are not eligible to contest this series.
2021 -2022 MEMBER'S MONTHLY AWARDS
For this season, the HBNSW 70th Anniversary year, we are providing two (2) Awards to Member's each month.
MEMBER OF THE MONTH
Each month, at the Committee Meeting, a Member number will be selected from a Random Number Generator. That Member will receive $100 cash from the Association and a $1,500 Neds APG Voucher (which can be used as follows):
$1,000 may be put towards the purchase price of an APG trotting or pacing filly at any APG Yearling Sale; and
A further $500 may be put towards the one-off “Series Sustaining Payment” that is required to fully sustain the same yearling for the Neds APG Race Series
BREEDER OF THE MONTH
Each month, Member's horses are awarded points for races they win in NSW.
The HBNSW Breeder of the Month is the Member/Breeder whose horses win the most points that month. The Breeder of the Month will receive a hand-made Trophy.