Harness Breeders NSW Inc (HBNSW) is an Incorporated body formed to promote, encourage and support New South Wales Breeders of Standardbred horses through its' Executive Committee and to represent NSW Breeders in all matters connected with breeding.
Harness Breeders NSW are the only Breeding Body in NSW officially sanctioned by the Governing body for harness Racing in NSW, Harness Racing NSW and Harness Racing Australia. HBNSW represents its' Members on the following Committees:
* The Harness Racing Industry Consultative Group (HRICG).
* The Australian Standardbred Breeders Association (ASBA)
(National Breeding Representative body sanctioned by Harness Racing Australia).
* The NSW Harness Racing Industry Standardbred Re-Homing company P/L.
Sponsor Numerous Mare’s Races
* The HBNSW Ladyship Pace Mares Race Series conducted throughout all regions of NSW annually.
* The JL Raith Memorial Race Mares only - each January at Tabcorp Park Menangle. Prizemoney of $50,000.
* The Group 3 HBNSW Go Girlfriend Race Series – 4 heats (1 in each region of NSW) $30,000 Final at Tabcorp Park Menangle.
* The HBNSW Pink Diamond for 3YO fillies only @ Tabcorp Park Menangle. Prize money of $16,000.
Throughout the past season, the Committee of Harness Breeders NSW have and will continue to actively advocate for the legalisation and legislation re the use of Altrenogest (Regu-mate / Ovu-Mate) for Racing Fillies and Mares.
Conducted another very successful and well supported Harness Breeders NSW Yearling Parade, Inglis Complex Warwick Farm, NSW.
The Harness Breeders NSW Strategic Plan submission to Harness Racing NSW.
Campaigned vigorously in opposition to the Harness Racing Australia proposal for a 15% Stallion Levy.
Liaised and strategized with fellow State breeding bodies re the campaign of opposition to the Harness Racing Australia Proposed 15% Stallion Levy.
Participated and Represented Harness Breeders NSW in the recent Harness Racing NSW Breeders and Owners Forum, June 2021, Club Menangle.
Submitted to Harness Racing Industry Consultative Group (HRICG) and Harness Racing NSW a new Race Series Proposal for 3YO old pacers “The Harness Breeders NSW Pathway Stakes“:
* Run in the 4 regions of NSW - 2 races per month each region.
* Gender divided, where possible.
* Horses may only start in the Region they reside in.
* Standalone races with NO heats or Finals.
* Prizemoney of $9.999 per race.
* Horses who have won more than $30,000 in her or his 2YO season are not eligible to contest this series.
HBNSW 2022 GO GIRLFRIEND RACE SERIES
Penrith - 3 March 2022 – Heats
Wagga 3 March 2022 – Heats
Bathurst 9 March 2022 – Heats
Newcastle 11 March 2022 – Heats
Menangle 19 March 2022 – Final
HBNSW 2022 PATHWAY STAKES FOR 3YO's
Friday 13 May 2022 – Wagga
Friday 10 June 2022 – Albury
Friday 15 July 2022 – Wagga
Friday 26 August 2022 – Wagga
Wednesday 4 May 2022 – Bathurst
Wednesday 8 June 2022 – Bathurst
Friday 1 July 2022 – Parkes
Wednesday 3 August 2022 – Bathurst
Thursday 26 May 2022 - Penrith
Thursday 30 June 2022 - Penrith
Thursday 28 July 2022 -Penrith
Thursday 25 August 2022 - Bankstown
Friday 13 May - Newcastle
Friday 10 June – Newcastle
Friday 8 July – Newcastle
Thursday 11 August – Tamworth
HARNESS RACING NSW - NSWBC & TROT NSW INFORMATION
NSW Breeders Challenge & Trot NSW has a new website at www.nswbred.com.au.
Be sure to check it out for all information regarding eligibility, bonuses, races and incentives.